I scheduled a trip to go home last weekend to visit my family. The days leading up to the trip were extremely busy, and I hardly found time to pack my bag for my weekend get away. Friday came, over lunch I stuffed everything that I wanted to take home into my carryon so when class let out early I was excited that I would have a few extra minutes to make sure that I had everything I needed. Here are how the events unfolded:
I boarded the shuttle. Yea
Sean called to say my flight was delayed. Boo
We go to all the gates, no Frontier.
My Driver calls in and finds out that Frontier no longer flies from this airport. Boo
I go back to the Hilton, get in my car and drive to Hobbie. Relief
I check in and get through security. Relief
I order food. Relief
I notice that my flight leaves in 10 minutes! Yikes
I run to my gate, I find out that my flight IS delayed...they do not reprint the tickets! Relief
I go back to get my food, eat, relax. Relief
I realize that I do not have everything. Boo
I go to my car to claim missing item. Relief
Item is not in car. Boo
Call hotel, they look in the shuttle, find missing item and return it to my room. Relief
I have the honor of a full service security screening on my second trip in. Grrr
I wait for my plane.
I board the plane. Relief
They give me a $100 voucher for future flight. Sweet!
Lucky? yes. Good Kharma? I think so. Fantastic weekend with Family? Definately.
Holy Cow, that had to have been SO stressful! Glad it all worked out in the end!
ReplyDelete