Update from Houston... wow three week are done, which means I am almost to that half way point. Their is something about the half way point that is always memorable for me; when I run I get a grin at the half way point, on vacation a get a little bummed at the half way point and so on. I think I will have to have a celebration of some sort on Wednesday when I do reach the half way point, perhaps Papadoux again... I have found that my weeks are busy with class, eating and exercise. The weekends that I stay here I find that I have lots of free time, so I have been filling my free time with exploring Houston, reading, blogging, hair bows and scrapbooks.
We visited some college friends over thanksgiving and her daughter had the cutest hair bows, my friend showed me the basic concept and said that if I googled it I could get instructions. I found that the bows you buy at target seem to fall right out so I thought I would give it a try. Sean would probably say I am obsessed, but the bows are so easy to make, very budget friendly and super cute. Plus the magical Velcro allows them to stay in the finest of hair.

I got started with scrapbooks after my girl friend had a baby shower for me where I went home with several ready made pages for the new baby. I had been making home made cards for years, but the scrapbook was a new concept for me. I was able to make time when I just had Xalen, and I do enjoy it but man it takes a lot of time! I had many pictures at home that I had intended to put into a scrapbook but I never found time, so I decided on my last visit home that I would bring some back to Houston where time was abundant. I am very proud and excited about my creations so far, and hope to get more done before I go back home. Here are just a few of the pages I have already created in our family book, as you can see I am going way back in time.
 |
| Christmas 2007 |
 |
| Christmas 2008 |
 |
| Meeting Brinlee Nora, May 2009 |
 |
| Fall Fun 2009 |
Cute! I just started scrapbooking again, too. I've been doing it with Heather Perkins (used to be in Mom's group with us). I can't wait to get some more done!
ReplyDeleteFun! I would love to join you gals sometime
ReplyDeleteI'm obsessed with making bows too--these are my newest favorites!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.purlbee.com/rose-barrettes/2010/1/23/mollys-sketchbook-rose-barrettes.html