Today we started our 3 Day Potty Training (http://www.3daypottytraining.com/) with Brinlee. Over the last week I have read the ebook two time, reviewed my notes and prepared everything we needed for today. Last night Brinlee and I tossed all but two of the disposable diapers in trash and we boxed up all the cloth diapers too. I am definitely much more scared and apprehensive this time. I worry that it will not go as well as it did for Xalen, I worry that she will not be ready to go back to day care on Monday "potty trained", I worry that they will want to put her in Pull Ups, I worry that she will not do well with the real (however very well proportioned for a toddler) toilet at school.
Even with all this worry the day is going well; as you can see we have stamps on that chart already!!!! I am seeing some of the same things that Xalen did during potty training in Brinlee already. Before nap she already took advantage of the stall technique (Xalen figure this on on night two and it lasted for several weeks...I hope this will not be the case this time around)... She has had a couple damp undies (very good sign that she is getting it!) and plenty of accidents too. I decided to have her work on all the step of using the potty from the very beginning; we did not do this with Xalen and we are still struggling to get him to wipe himself. I read about this in some Montessori reading and thought it was a great idea. I hope that this will help when she is in day care where I know they will expect more from her.
I will update more as we progress, I have my eye on the prize and my spirits are good!

Yay! Though it is a challenge at first, I know the end result is a nice one. Go, Brinlee!
ReplyDeleteThe things that were frustrating last time are no big deal this time; we have definately not had the click yet but it is going much better than I expected especially on my part! Scary to think that we may be a diaper free home, my babiesare growing up way too fast... I say may because if she is not pretty confident on Monday I will totally put her back in diapers and try again later.
ReplyDelete