Check out this bee!

Check out this bee!
July 2011, Arvada, CO

8.22.2011

School Begins 2011


It is time once again for change.  The nights are getting colder, the mornings are staying cool longer, the garden is in full production and some of the trees are showing the first signs of fall.  Brinlee officially started Preschool today and Xalen started Pre Kindergarten.  We took pictures of the kids on the front patio; a tradition that started with family in Alaska when Sean was in school. 
Sean and I took the kids in this morning; the school was nicely decorated with a fall theme. When taking Xalen’s backpack into his room we had the pleasure to meet one of his new teachers Miss Donna.  It was fun to see his new class room.  We were greeted with a Dr. Suisse ‘Cat in the Hat’ theme on the window and door, some different things we found were an exploration table with magnifying glasses, a computing center and a fish tank. 

Today was an emotionally filled day; I had mixed emotions that fell between excitement and worry as my mind keeps going to the kids.   I look forward to hearing the storied they will have over the next several weeks.  Some of my first memories are from nursery school; I could draw a map of my first classroom still today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment