Check out this bee!

Check out this bee!
July 2011, Arvada, CO

4.10.2011

As the Garden Grows


 You could almost see them grow!!!
One of my favorite things about spring is planning and planting our garden.  Last year we put in our first veggie garden.  We have grown tomatoes and herbs for several years but last year we expanded.  We grew leeks, chard, strawberries, peppers, spinach, carrots, zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin, melon, tomatoes and herbs.  
May 2010
July 2010
 
We had so much fun taking care of the garden and enjoying the rewards of our work that this year we plan to expand our growing operations even more.   Several weeks ago I tossed in some leeks, lettus and radish seeds which if you look really closely you can see.  Last weekend I rounded out the cold season plantings with two types of pees, carrots, beets, spinach, broccoli, chard and onions.  We are looking forward to seeing all the little plants show up over the next weeks. In May we will construct another bed to add another 9 square feet of growing room.

Cold Season Crops 2011



1 comment:

  1. Slowly starting on our garden. The weather has been so bad I haven't been able to get out and weed the patches. Soon I hope!! Love watching the plants come up and produce food!

    ReplyDelete